I absolutely adore Elle McPherson. After reading her interview in The Australian Women's Weekly in September, I love her that little bit more.
One question she was asked was "what lessons do you hope to have passed on to your children?" to which she replied the following:
- Let your heart guide you.
- Create, don't destroy.
- Be pro something, against nothing.
- Be aware - treat people and yourself fairly and with kindness.
- Be self-responsible and self-aware.
- Have a pure work ethic - love what you do and do what you love.
- Drink lots of water.
That sums it up really. Words worthy of a canvas smack bang in the middle of the lounge room wall.
We all have values, words of wisdom and life lessons we'd like to pass on to others. The things that help us to live our best life.
But sometimes our own best advice can get lost in the fluff. The drama or a default position can steal our wisdoms.
Thinking about what we'd like to pass on to the next generation is a great way to remind ourselves of what really matters.
What lessons do you hope to have passed on to your children?
Are you living your life true to those words?