While there are elements of the colder months that I adore (hot tubs, open fires, doona days and winter clothing) there's also a whole lot I could do without (the winter blues and the increased fibromyalgia pain).
For the most part my fam are all sun bunnies, therefore the first day of summer brings much rejoicing in our house.
Despite the fact that turning the calendar page to the final month is making me hyperventilate with all that I still need to achieve before the end of year, the onset of summer provides me with great joy.
What I love about summer:
- That vacay state of mind even when you don't leave the house.
- The fresh fruit and salads with colourful cocktails over ice.
- The blue cloudless skies that make it feel like the possibilities are limitless
- The occasional summer storm that hits just when the world needs to cool down
- The ability to jump in the car and find the nearest swimming hole, whether it be beach, river, pond or public pool
- The BBQs and the picnics that you share with family and friends
- The early morning walks and late afternoon strolls when the temperature is "just right".
- The temporary lack of routine that comes with school holidays.
- The fact that we have air conditioning
- Getting sun on my skin and allowing myself to tan ever so slightly (even if it comes from a tube)
- Christmas and that celebration of family and friends.
What does summer mean to you?
Happy summer everyone!
Happy Lovin' Life Linky.
* * * * *
It's time for the Lovin' Life Linky brought to you by Team Lovin' Life: Deep Fried Fruit, Seize the Day Project, Debbish, Write of the Middle, 50 Shades of Age and Lifestyle Fifty #teamlovinlife